Lechon Manok Recipe
This is a recipe for rotisserie or spit-roasted chicken. This is also known as Lechon Manok in Filipino.
- 1 2 to 3 lbs. whole chicken
- 4 thumbs ginger crushed
- 5 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- 5 pieces dried bay leaves crumbled
- 1 stalk lemongrass bottom part crushed
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ¾ cups 7-up
- 1 stalk crushed lemongrass tanglad
- 2 bunches of green onions dahon ng sibuyas
In a large bowl, combine all the marinade ingredients. Mix well.
Place the chicken inside a large re-sealable bag. Pour the marinade in the bag with the chicken. Put the onion and lemongrass inside the cavity. Seal and refrigerate overnight.
Remove the chicken from the bag and then stuff with fresh lemongrass and green onion.
Prepare to roast the chicken on the grill by skewering the entire fowl on a spit and secure both sides with a grill fork.
Spit-roast (or i-litson in Tagalog) for 2 ½ to 3 hours or until the chicken is done
Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with lechon manok sauce and atchara.
Share and enjoy!