How to Make Tartar Sauce
Making tartar sauce can take as little as 5 minutes. It does not require any special equipment and can be served right away. To make tartar sauce, you will need:
- 1 cup mayonnaise homemade preferable
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon onion minced
- Pinch of salt and ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic optional
In a large bowl, add all the ingredients starting with the mayonnaise.
Mix ingredients until thoroughly combined. For a smoother consistency, pour and blend the mixture in a food processor.
Seal the top of the bowl with cling wrap and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve. Sauce can be stored for up to 7 days.