Ampalaya Salad Recipe
This is a recipe for ampalaya salad or bitter gourd salad.It is alaso known as ensaladang ampalaya,
- 1 medium bitter gourd ampalaya, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1 medium Roma tomato diced and seeds removed
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt for rubbing
- Extra salt to taste
Rub the salt all over the sliced bitter gourd. Let it stay for 30 minutes.
Remove the salt by quickly washing the gourd with running water. Drain the excess liquid.
Combine vinegar, ground black pepper, sugar, and extra salt (if needed) in a bowl. Stir.
Put-in the bitter gourd, onion, and tomato in a bowl. Mix well.
Cover the bowl with a cling wrap and then refrigerate for about 3 hours.
Serve as a side dish for fried fish.
Share and enjoy!