How to Make Sinamak
This is a recipe for Sinamak or Spicy Vinegar
- 2 to 3 cups vinegar use white, cane, or coconut vinegar
- 1 cup bird’s eye or Thai chilies dried or fresh will do
- 3 tablespoons ginger sliced
- 1 head garlic
- 3 teaspoons whole peppercorns
- 1 medium size white onion
Combine whole peppercorn, ginger, garlic, onion, and chili in a clean container (usually an empty bottle of liquor). Shake well to distribute the ingredients.
Fill the bottle with the vinegar of your choice then tightly cover the bottle.
Shake the bottle lightly and store in a safe place for at least 3 days. The longer the storage time, the spicier the vinegar will become.
Serve as condiment for fried and grilled foods