Longanisa Recipe (Filipino Sausage)
This is a recipe for longanisa. It is a type of Filipino sweet sausage.
- 2 1/4 lbs ground pork
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Prague powder #1
- 1 teaspoon sodium phosphate
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup TVP Textured Vegetable Protein
- 1 tablespoon Isolate
- 1/2 teaspoon Carrageenan
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon paprika for color
- 3 tablespoon Anise Liquor
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon meat enhancer optional
In a large container mix the salt, Prague powder, phosphate, Anise liquor, and water
Add the Textured Vegetable Protein, Isolate, and Carrageenan
Add the ground pork followed by the sugar, garlic, paprika, ground black pepper, pineapple juice, and meat enhancer then mix thoroughly.
Place inside the refrigerator for 12 hours. (Note: Take note of the time. The mixture will smell sour if left for more than 12 hours)
Shape and wrap the longanisa individually. You can use sausage casings or you can simply shape the mixture over a wax or parchment paper. At this point, the finished product is ready to be cooked.
Calories: 711kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 54g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 183mg | Sodium: 2452mg | Potassium: 773mg | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 20IU | Vitamin C: 2.6mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 2.4mg