Quick and easy sizzling squid appetizer.
Servings: 4 people
- 2 pieces squid (large) cleaned
- 1 piece carrot sliced thinly
- 1 piece bell pepper cut into squares
- 1 piece onion wedged
- ½ teaspoon ginger minced
- ½ cup celery stalk sliced
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons margarine
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½ piece Knorr Shrimp Cube
- 1 teaspoon Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 1 ½ teaspoon all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup banana ketchup
- ¼ cup cooking wine
- ½ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons margarine
Make the sauce by melting 2 tablespoons of margarine in a pan. Add flour. Stir and continue cooking using medium to high heat for 1 minute. Add Knorr Shrimp Cube. Continue stirring until all ingredients are well blended. Add Knorr Liquid Seasoning, banana ketchup, cooking wine, and water. Stir and let boil. Season with garlic powder and onion powder. Set aside.
Heat 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in a pan. Sauté ginger and onion until the layers of the onion separate.
Stir-in carrot and celery. Cook for 1 minute.
Add bell pepper and squid. Continue cooking for 2 minutes. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
Heat 1 ½ tablespoons margarine in a metal plate. Add squid and vegetables and pour sauce all over.
Serve while sizzling hot.
Calories: 215kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 480mg | Potassium: 260mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 4052IU | Vitamin C: 42mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg