Pocherong Baka Recipe
This is a recipe for beef pochero
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time2 hrs
Total Time2 hrs 10 mins
- 3 lbs. beef chuck cubed
- 1 Chorizo de Bilbao sliced crosswise into smaller pieces
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomato
- 1 large baking potato cubed
- 12 to 15 pieces long green beans Baguio beans
- 1 bunch baby bok choy
- 1/2 head small cabbage
- 1 ripe plantain or saba, sliced
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas (garbanzos)
- 4 to 5 cups beef broth
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium yellow onion minced
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
Heat oil in a cooking pot.
Once the oil becomes hot saute garlic and onion until soft.
Add beef chuck. Cook until light brown.
Add the sliced chorizo. Cook for 1 minute.
Pour the diced tomatoes into the pot. Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
Pour the beef broth into the pot, Let boil. Cover and cook until the beef becomes tender.
Add the chickpeas, potato, and plantains. Stir. Cook for 6 minutes.
Add the long green beans. Cook for 1 minute.
Add cabbage and bok choy. Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
Season with fish sauce and ground black pepper. Continue to cook for 3 minutes.
Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
Share and enjoy!