Liempo Estofado Recipe
- 2 lbs. pork belly sliced
- 4 pieces ripe saba banana peeled and sliced
- 2 medium carrots sliced
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 pieces dried bay leaves
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar or cane vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic crushed and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt to taste
Heat the cooking oil in a cooking pot.
Sauté the garlic.
Add the pork and cook for 2 minutes.
Pour-in the soy sauce and water. Add the bay leaves and ground black pepper. Let boil and then simmer for 30 minutes.
Add the vinegar and sugar. Cook for 15 minutes. Note: add water if needed
Put-in the banana and carrots. Cook for 10 minutes.
Add salt to taste.
Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve.
Share and enjoy!
Serving: 4g | Calories: 1200kcal