Pork Bicol Express Recipe
Pork cooked in coconut milk mixture with chillies and shrimp paste. This is a dish has the spiciness and delicious taste that is perfect with white rice.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 lb. pork shoulder sliced into cubes
- 3 pieces long green pepper siling pansigang, sliced into thin pieces
- 8 pieces bird’s eye chili siling labuyo or Thai chili, sliced into small pieces
- 1 piece onion sliced
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 pack Knorr Ginataang Gulay mix 45g
- 1 tablespoon shrimp paste bagoong alamang
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 ¼ cups water
- Salt to taste optional
Heat oil in a cooking pot
Sauté garlic and onion until the onions get soft.
Add the ground black pepper and pork. Sauté until the color turns light brown.
Pour 1 1/2 cups water. Let boil. Cover and continue to cook in medium heat until the pork gets tender and the water almost evaporates completely.
Prepare the gata by combining ¾ cup lukewarm water and Knorr Ginataang Gulay mix. Stir until the powder dissolves completely. Set aside.
Add the long green pepper, chili pepper, and shrimp paste into the cooking pot. Stir.
Pour the gata mixture into the pot. Let boil. Cover and cook in medium heat until the liquid reduces to half. Make sure to stir once in a while.
Add salt to taste. Transfer to a serving bowl.
Serve with rice. Share and enjoy!
Serving: 4g | Calories: 289kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 118mg | Sodium: 227mg | Potassium: 438mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 20IU | Vitamin C: 6.8mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 1.8mg