Pinakbet with Lechon Kawali
This is a recipe of pinakbet with lechon kawali. It is a dish composed of mixed vegetables with shrimp paste and chopped crispy deep fried pork belly on top.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time50 mins
- 3/4 lb. lechon kawali chopped
- 2 to 3 cups butternut squash sliced into cubes
- 3 tablespoons shrimp paste
- 2 medium bitter gourd ampalaya, cored and sliced
- 1 medium Chinese eggplant sliced
- 10 pieces okra
- 2 cups snake beans sitaw, cut in 2 inch pieces
- 1 ½ cups beef broth
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 medium plum tomato diced
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat oil in a pot.
Sauté the garlic until it turns medium brown.
Add the onion and tomato. Continue to cook for 1 minute.
Add ¼ lb. of chopped lechon kawali and stir-in the squash. Cook for 2 minutes.
Pour the beef broth in the pot. Let boil.
Add the shrimp paste. Stir. Cover and cook in medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes.
Add the ampalaya, eggplant, okra, and sitaw. Stir and cook for 8 to 12 minutes.
Sprinkle salt and pepper. Stir
Arrange the remaining lechon kawali on top.
Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
Share and enjoy!