How to Start a WordPress Blog on Bluehost
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more information.
Here are the detailed steps on how to start a WordPress blog on Bluehost:
- Check if your desired domain name is still available. Click here
- Click the “get started now” button and select the basic package.
- Type your desired domain name in the text box under the “new domain” block. Select a domain extension from the drop-down (Examples of domain extensions are: .com. .net, .org.). Click the “next” button. If the domain name is still available, you will be prompted to register. Otherwise, try to input another domain and perform the same steps.
- Provide your account information on top of the page and then go to the package information.
- Choose a package that fits your budget. Tip: Uncheck all the text boxes except for the last one (domain privacy protection). This is what you only need and it will save you money.
- Complete the billing information and click “next”.
- Once you have completed the Domain Name and Web Hosting registration, you will be prompted by the system. The next step is to set a password for your Bluehost account. After this, you can Install WordPress.
- Install WordPress by going back to the Bluehost website (see link in the first step). Click on the login link.
- Enter your username and password on the login screen. Click on the login button. Note: The username is your domain name, the password is the password that you setup after successfully registering for a domain name and web host.
- Click the Hosting tab on top of the page and then click on the WordPress icon within the page. A new page that gives information about WordPress will be displayed.
- Click the Install button.
- Select the default directory from the drop-down. Click-on the “Check Domain” button.
- Check the “Show advance options” box. Fill-in the information and Click the “Install Now” button.Note: you can place your blog name in the site name text box. The username and password that you will enter will be used to access your blog. Make sure to write this down so that you won’t forget.
Congratulations! You have successfully created your blog. You can now start to blog.
- Login to your blog by opening a web browser such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox. Type your domain name in the address bar and hit the enter key.
- Click the login link located at the lower side bar of your blog. Type-in the username and password that you entered in step 7 above. Hit enter and start to blog.
Send me a message if you have questions about starting a blog. I may be able to give you some tips on how to monetize it.