As we know by now, Tonkatsu is a popular Asian breaded fried pork dish. Making it is simple, so is its taste. The secret to a good tasting Tonkatsu lies in the Tonkatsu Sauce.
If you are always on the go and don’t have time preparing your own sauce, there are commercial sauces available in the supermarket. There aren’t any major drawbacks except for the cost and also the idea of tailoring it to your own preference when it comes to taste. Making your own Tonkatu sauce, on the other hand, gives you the flexibility to adjust the flavor. It can also save you some extra bucks if you already have the ingredients in your pantry.
Try this Tonkatsu Sauce Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Tonkatsu Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup warm sake
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir the ingredients using a spoon.
- Place the bowl in a microwave oven and then microwave for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Stir once more and then serve with Tonkatsu.