How about an easy yet tasty chicken dinner recipe? You are in luck because I prepared a simple roasted chicken dish just for you. Although this recipe is simple, it doesn’t mean that the taste is simple too. This tastes better that the ordinary rotisserie chicken, I guarantee.
The thing that I like most about this dish other than the taste is the texture. I believe that the stuffing did a great job in providing moisture to the chicken. If you’ve been to Boston Market and tried their chicken, that pretty much is the texture that I’m talking about – tender and juicy.
Try this Roasted Chicken Recipe and let me know your thoughts.
Roasted Chicken Recipe
- 1 whole chicken
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 piece lemon (grate the skin for zest and quarter remains)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 medium-sized onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Watch the cooking video:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine salt, ground black pepper, and garlic powder then mix.
- Rub the mixture around the chicken.
- Combine melted butter, dried thyme, and lemon zest and mix well.
- Loosen the skin of the chicken and spread the lemon zest-butter-thyme mixture in between the skin and flesh.
- Stuff the quartered lemon, celery stalks, and onion in the chicken and secure by tying the legs together using a kitchen thread.
- Bake / Roast for 60 to 65 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and take the chicken out.
- Remove the thread and place in serving plate.
- Serve hot. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 4