What’s for dinner tonight? I’m digging in for some Honey Garlic Barbecue Spare Ribs, care for a bite? I always liked spare ribs and I enjoy getting my hands dirty to savor these tasty pieces of meaty bones.
The thing that I like most in this recipe is the balance flavors: it is not too sweet; not too salty; not overpowering. It is also Asian inspired.
Lucky for me, all the spare ribs that I get from our local butcher are naturally tender. All I need to do is marinate and bake them right away. If in case you have doubts on the spare ribs that you have, try putting some meat tenderizer to soften the meat. Boiling is another option too, though it may take out some of the meat’s natural flavor.
Try this Honey Garlic Barbecue Spare Ribs recipe and let me know what you think.
2 lbs spare ribs, chopped into 3 to 4 inches
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
2 tablespoon soy sauce
4 cloves garlic, pounded
Watch the cooking video:
1. Combine honey, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and garlic in a bowl then mix well by stirring.
2. Place the spare ribs in a large bowl then pour-in the mixture.
3. Coat the ribs with the mixture and marinate for at least 3 hours.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Arrange the marinated spare ribs in a baking tray then bake for 35 minutes. You can baste this with a little olive oil so that the meat won’t dry.
6. Turn the oven off then transfer the spare ribs on a serving plate.
7. Serve with garlic fried rice. Share and enjoy!