Lechon Belly Roll is another way to make crispy lechon belly. The outcome of this recipe is similar to the flavor of lechon Cebu. It is tasty. The inside is tender and moist, while the skin is as crispy as it can be.
How to Cook Lechon Belly Roll
Making your own roasted lechon belly is fulfilling. You get a chance to devour this delicious masterpiece after hours of preparation. Make sure to follow all the steps provided in the recipe below to be guided accordingly.
Before starting, make sure that the whole pork belly slab is prepared properly. Trim excess fat. Take the ribs off, and make sure that the skin is clean.
Rub Knorr SavorRich on the meat part of the belly. Spread evenly. I use pork SavorRich for this recipe. There is no need to use salt and ground black pepper. The seasoning alone is all you will need.
Rub around a tablespoon SavorRich on the skin part along with soy sauce. Let it marinate for 30 minutes before stuffing with aromatics.
I am using the following ingredients to stuff the pork belly:
- lemongrass (dahon ng tanglad)
- red onion
- scallion (dahon ng sibuyas)
Simply slice or chop the ingredients above and place over the meat part of the belly. Roll the belly and secure using a kitchen twine. This goes into the oven for around 3 hours and 45 minutes.
Take note of the temperature adjustments. It is a must in order to achieve the same result as mine.
- 1st hour: 350º Fahrenheit
- 2nd hour: 360º Fahrenheit
- 3rd hour: 370º Fahrenheit
- 4th hour: 400º Fahrenheit
Before I forget, you will need to pour water on the roasting pan and add remaining scallions and lemongrass before putting the rack with rolled pork belly. This helps keep the meat moist and also contributes to the crispiness of the skin.
Enjoy this with spicy vinegar dip. Recipe is included below.
Try this Lechon Belly Roll Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Lechon Belly Roll
- 5 lbs. pork belly whole slab
- 6 tablespoons Knorr SavorRich Pork Seasoning
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 piece onion
- 3 heads garlic
- 2 bunches scallions
- 3 stalks lemongrass
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
Spicy Vinegar Dip:
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 piece red onion chopped
- 6 cloves garlic crushed and chopped
- ½ teaspoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorn
- 6 pieces Thai chili chopped
- Rub 5 tablespoons Knorr SavorRich on the meat part of the pork. Spread evenly. Turn the pork over and rub the remaining SavorRich and soy sauce on the skin of the pork. Let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Chop the scallion, onion, and garlic. Crush the lemon grass and slice into pieces. Place all the garlic and onion over the belly. Add scallion and lemongrass. Roll the belly and secure by tying kitchen twine.
- Rub oil all over the belly roll. Pour 4 cups of water in a roasting pan and put remaining scallions and lemongrass. Arrange a roasting rack over the pan and place the rolled belly on the rack. Roast for 1 hour.
- Prepare the basting sauce by combining 2 tablespoons soy sauce and ¼ cup oil. Mix well. Brush all over the pork.
- Increase the heat to 360F. Continue to roast for another hour. Note: add more water on the pan if needed.
- Increase the heat to 370F. Brush with basting sauce. Roast for 1 hour more.
- Increase heat to 400F. Continue to roast until the skin gets very crispy. Remove from the oven and let the pork belly cool down.
- Make the dipping sauce by combining all the sauce ingredients as listed above. Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Remove the twine from the belly roll and chop into serving pieces. Serve with spicy vinegar dip.
- Share and enjoy!