Canned meats can be handy especially to busy people. This saves a lot of cooking time – it can even be consumed directly from the can without cooking. Of course, we still prefer cooked food even if we have no time to prepare them. Corned Beef Guisado is an example of a canned meat makeover wherein the meat is sautéed and cooked with minimal ingredients to make it more appetizing and delicious.
This Corned Beef Recipe is simple, quick, and easy. All you need to have is a can of chunky corned beef (this is my personal preference), onion, potatoes, and seasonings. Once everything is in place, follow the detailed steps below and you will never go wrong.
I’m not sure how you like your corned beef cooked, but this recipe is best when eaten with rice because of the extra juice (or sauce) brought about by the beef stock. If you want your corned beef dry, just omit the beef stock; this is ideal for breads such as pandesal.
There you have it — a quick and delicious meal that you can enjoy for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and even meryenda (snack).
Try this Corned Beef Guisado Recipe and let me know your thoughts. Happy cooking!
Corned Beef Guisado Recipe
- 12 ounces canned corned beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 medium potato, diced (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup beef stock or broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Sauté crushed garlic and onion.
- Add the corned beef and then cook for 5 minutes.
- Put-in potatoes, garlic powder, and beef stock. Stir and let boil. Cover and Cook for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 4
Reliable WordPress Hosting (Free Domain and Setup)
Want to create a blog? Click here to view my tutorial on how to start your own blog