Breaded Shrimp is a quick and easy deep fried shrimp recipe suitable for lunch or dinner. Although this dish is already good, our flavorful sweet and sour sauce recipe will make this dish taste even better. Are you ready? Let’s get started.
You will need peeled shrimp for this recipe. It does not matter if the shrimp is raw or cooked, because shrimp cook fast. The state of the shrimp will not affect the outcome of the dish – just make sure that you thaw the shrimp before cooking. Then goes the dipping and coating; you will need to dredge the shrimp in flour, dip in egg, and roll in breadcrumbs before frying them. Sounds easy, right? Well, that completes the recipe; all you will need now is to make the sweet and sour sauce. A link for the recipe is provided below.
I love having this dish with any type of fried rice. You can also eat this with white rice, but the excitement will not be the same, in my opinion. There is something with fried rice that boosts this dish to a much higher level.
Try this Breaded Shrimp with Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Breaded Shrimp with Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 2 lbs. medium shrimp, peeled
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cups bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sweet and sour sauce
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the shrimp. Let it stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan.
- Dredge the shrimp in flour and then dip in the beaten eggs. Quickly roll the shrimp over the breadcrumbs. Make sure that the shrimp are properly coated.
- Deep fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until the color turns golden brown.
- Arrange in a plate lined with paper towels. This will absorb the oil.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with Sweet and Sour Sauce.
- Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 6