This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I’m sure that you like garlic bread with pasta. There is nothing like warm bread on the side while enjoying your favorite baked macaroni or pasta carbonara. How about making your own garlic bread for a change?
Making this bread is simple; it is like making your own sandwich. The good thing about preparing your own bread is you get the chance to tailor it according to your preference. I have a basic garlic bread recipe below. This recipe is as simple as it can get. It is up to you to add or remove ingredients based on what you like your garlic bread to be. I must say that this simple recipe is a hit though.
Not everyone has easy access to conventional oven. The good news is you can make your own garlic bread using an oven toaster or a broiler. If the weather is good outside, grilling it will also work.
Try this Garlic Bread recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1 loaf of Italian bread
- 1/2 cup salted butter softened
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced and pounded
- 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Preheat oven and adjust to broil mode.
- Slice the bread cross wise diagonally about 1 inch thick per slice. Set aside.
- Combine the butter, parsley, Parmesan cheese, and garlic. Mix well.
- Spread the mixture on top of each sliced Italian bread.
- Arrange the bread slices in a baking tray. Broil for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Serve as a side to your favorite dish. Share and enjoy!