Chicken Adobo is an authentic Filipino dish and is one of the mostly recognized Filipino foods. This Chicken Adobo Recipe is the simplest that you can get. Not to be mistaken with Mexican adobo, this dish is uniquely prepared by stewing chicken in vinegar and soy sauce.
Several sources who are experts in Asian food history say that the Filipinos were already cooking adobo even before Spanish colonization. The cooking method is termed as “inadobo” which is the very same method in this Chicken Adobo Recipe. It is also said that cooking with vinegar preserves the meat. This method is also considered as one of the earliest food preservation practice.
I love this Chicken Adobo recipe because it is so straightforward and the result is really awesome. You don’t need to have any cooking experience in order to prepare this dish. All you need to do is watch the video and follow the step-by-step procedure.
Try this Chicken Adobo Recipe and let me know what you think.
I also made Chicken Liver and Gizzard Adobo. Please give it a try and kindly send me your feedback.
- 2 lbs. chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 3 pieces dried bay leaves
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 to 2 cups water
- ¼ cup cooking oil
- ½ tablespoon white sugar
- Salt and whole peppercorn
- In a large container, combine the soy sauce and garlic then marinade the chicken for at least 1 to 3 hours
- Place the cooking oil in a pan and apply heat
- When the oil is hot enough, put-in the marinated chicken. Cook all the sides for about 5 minutes.
- Pour-in the remaining marinade and add water. Bring to a boil
- Add the dried bay leaves and whole peppercorn. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the chicken is tender
- Add vinegar. Stir and cook for 10 minutes.
- Put-in the sugar, and salt. Stir and turn the heat off.
- Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!