Pork and Chicken Adobo is a version of Filipino adobo using the combination of chicken and pork. Adobo is considered as the signature dish of the Philippines. Almost all meat, seafood, and vegetables can be cooked using the inadobo method.
This dish is like making both Chicken Adobo and Pork Adobo in one pot. Note that I combined both ingredients immediately and cooked each at the same time. You may also cook the pork first until it gets tender before adding the chicken. This will ensure that the chicken is cooked just right.
This dish is best prepared for either lunch or dinner. There are times when I have this for breakfast along with rice and 2 pieces of boiled eggs.
I think that adobo can be enjoyed anytime of the year. However, this is always best to have during outings or excursions during summertime. We all know that aside from being delicious, adobo does not spoil easily. You can keep it for a few days without refrigerating. This makes it an ideal “baon” .
This recipe suggest the use of pork belly. You can also use pork shoulder. Sometimes I also use chopped pork ribs. Feel free to modify the recipe based on your preference.
Try this Adobo Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Pork and Chicken Adobo Recipe
- Heat oil in a pan
- Once the oil becomes hot, add the garlic. Cook until the color turns golden brown.
- Remove the garlic and set aside. Add pork and chicken. Cook for 5 minutes or until the color turns light brown.
- Add whole peppercorn, bay leaves, oyster sauce, soy sauce, and water. Let boil and simmer until the meat gets tender.
- Add the sugar and stir.
- Pour-in vinegar and let boil.Simmer until most of the liquid evaporates.
- Add salt to taste. Put-in the fried garlic, stir, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!