Lumpiang Sariwa or Fresh Spring Roll is a Filipino vegetable dish composed of different vegetables with a soft (unfried) wrapper garnished with sweet sauce and crushed peanuts. Some popular variations of this dish are lumpiang ubod (made with heart of palm) and lumpiang hubad(Unwrapped version of lumpiang sariwa).
This recipe and the cooking video below will guide you on how to make lumpiang sariwa in the comfort of your own kitchen. I will even show you how to make fresh lumpia wrapper using the easiest method that I know. Let me know if you have questions; you can also follow us in Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram (@panlasangpinoy).
Tasting this dish makes me remember the Lumpiang Sariwa that my mom makes.
Try this delectable Lumpiang Sariwa (Fresh Spring Rolls) recipe. Enjoy!
- >>Filling ingredients<<
- 2 cups sweet potato, cubed
- 2 tbsp fish sauce (patis)
- 1 lb cabbage, shredded
- 1 ½ cup carrots, julienned
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup peanuts, crushed
- 6 pieces Lettuce leaves
- ½ lb pork, thinly sliced
- 1 pack extra firm tofu, sliced in strips
- 1 cup shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 cups string beans (baguio beans), chopped
- 1 medium sized onions, chopped
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 pork cube
- >>Wrapper ingredients<<
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 pieces raw eggs
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ cups milk
- >>Sauce Ingredients<<
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups water
- ½ pork cube
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp corn starch (diluted in 4 tbsp water)
- Cook the filling by heating a pan. Pour-in the cooking oil then sauté the garlic and onions. Add the pork and cook until color turns light brown. Put-in the pork cube and add ½ cup water then simmer until pork is tender. Add the shrimps and sweet potatoes and cook for 5 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Add the tofu and cook for a few minutes. Put-in the cilantro, carrots, and string beans then mix with the other ingredients. Add the cabbage and let cook for 5 minutes. Add the fish sauce and mix. Set aside
- Make the wrapper by cracking the eggs in a mixing bowl. Beat. Add the milk while beating. Put in the salt and all-purpose flour then mix thoroughly. Add the vegetable oil and mix well. Turn the stove on to medium heat and put the non-stick pan in place. Spray the pan with oil or grease with butter. Pour-in the wrapper mixture (about half a cup) and tilt the pan to distribute the liquid evenly. Cook until the top part of the mixture is dry (about 2 minutes). Using a spatula, remove the cooked mixture and place in a flat plate. Set aside
- Make the sauce by pouring water in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Add the brown sugar and pork cubes. Put some salt and soy sauce then mix well. Dilute the cornstarch in water and pour in the saucepan. Cook until the sauce becomes thick. Set aside.
- Wrap the filling. Place the wrapper in a plate then place a lettuce leaf in the middle top part of the wrapper. Spoon the filling and place in the middle of the wrapper (over the lettuce leaf). Close the wrapper by folding the lower part first then roll the sides until the filling is sealed.
- Pour the sauce over the Lumpiang Sariwa and garnish with crushed peanuts and minced garlic.
- Serve. Share and Enjoy!
Watch the cooking video: