This Chicken Spring Roll recipe is another spring roll variation using ground chicken. Compared to the other spring rolls that we featured, this version has lesser cholesterol content.
Chicken Spring rolls is prepared and cooked the same way as you do your average spring roll. It is important that the wrap is sealed properly so that it will not break open while frying. Also, make sure that the heat is between low to medium so that the meat will cook before the wrapper browns.
This is best eaten with fried rice along with sweet and sour sauce or banana ketchup as dipping sauces.
Try this Chicken Spring Roll recipe. Let me know what you think.
Chicken Spring Roll Recipe
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 medium onion minced
- 1/4 cup minced carrots
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 raw egg beaten
- 20 to 30 pieces spring roll wrapper
- 2 cups cooking oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken, onion, carrot, parsley, garlic powder, sesame oil, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Scoop about 2 to 3 tablespoons of the mixture and then arrange on top of a spring roll wrapper. Wrap the mixture and then seal the edge by brushing the beaten egg mixture in the end of the wrapper.
- Heat the cooking oil in a deep frying pan.
- When the oil becomes hot, deep fry the wrapped spring rolls in low to medium heat for about 10 to 12 minutes or until the color turns golden brown.
- Transfer the fried chicken spring roll in a plate lined with paper towel.
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce or banana ketchup.
- Share and enjoy!