Crab meat Omelette is a type of beaten egg preparation with crab meat. This is lightly fried using butter or oil. In the Philippines, this type of dish is referred to as “torta” and several different ingredients can be added with the egg. The more traditional method of preparation is adding the crab meat (or any ingredient that takes a short time to cook) with the eggs while whisking. The eggs and crabmeat will then be poured in the pan and be cooked at the same time.
There are many ways to cook an omelette and several ingredients can be mixed and matched. All we need is a little imagination and a good understanding on how each ingredient affects the taste of the entire dish. It’s always good to experiment.
Try this Crab Meat Omelette recipe.
- ¾ cup crab meat (fresh or canned)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 3 pieces raw eggs
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. green onions, minced (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the frying pan and put-in 2 tbsp of butter then allow to melt.
- Add the onion, crab meat, and green onions then cook until half done
- Add salt and pepper to taste then set aside.
- Heat the same frying pan (apply low heat) and put-in the remaining butter then allow to melt.
- Crack the eggs and place in a bowl then add some salt
- Whisk the eggs and pour on the frying pan
- Tilt the frying pan to allow the uncooked portions of the eggs (liquid form) to occupy the whole surface of the pan. You can also pull from the middle part of the pan to allow uncooked portions of the egg to occupy the space.
- Put the cooked crab meat and onions on top of the half side of the omelette.
- Cover the crab meat and onions by folding the other side of the omelette.
- Place in a serving plate.
- Serve hot with bread or rice. Share and Enjoy!
Watch the cooking video: