This Chicken Parmesan Recipe (also known as Chicken Parmigiana) is a chicken dish composed of chicken breast, parmesan and mozzarella cheeses, and marinara sauce. Boneless skinless chicken breasts are flattened by light pounding or pressing. The chicken slices are dredged in flour and breadcrumbs and pan fried in extra virgin olive oil until half done.
Pan frying the chicken for this Chicken Parmesan Recipe does not complete the whole process; you still need to make the marinara sauce, arrange the chicken with the rest of the ingredients, and bake. It would be better if you make your own marinara sauce so that you can control the taste.
This Chicken Parmesan Recipe is not complicated at all. It just happened that the steps listed here are a little over than the usual recipes that we publish. This might take some time to prepare but the result will definitely amaze you. You’ll never regret a thing.
As a side note, some people ask me why I cook and publish non-Filipino recipes here in my blog. Just so everyone is aware, Panlasang Pinoy is translated as the Filipino Palate. This blog is not only limited to authentic Filipino foods; other foods can also fit-in as long as the Filipino taste buds like them. Besides tirelessly featuring authentic Filipino dishes, don’t you think that it’s worth our time and effort to also feature other recipes which have been modified to fit our taste?
Try this Chicken Parmesan Recipe. I’ll definitely appreciate your 2 cents on this. The comment box is right below this article, you can always type-in what you think.
- Serves: 3
- Serving size: 3
- 3 pieces boneless skinless chicken breast halves, flattened
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 piece raw egg
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon flat parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onions, diced
- ½ cup carrot, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 can peeled whole tomatoes (28 ounces)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a cooking pot and pour-in 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Sauté garlic and onions until the texture of the onions becomes soft.
- Add-in carrots and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the whole peeled tomatoes and lightly mash it while cooking. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 to 18 minutes
- Heat a skillet or frying pan and pour-in 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- While waiting for the oil to reach the desired temperature, rub the salt and pepper on each chicken breasts.
- Dredge the chicken breasts in flour, dip in the beaten egg mixture, and roll over bread crumbs.
- Pan-fry the chicken breast in the pan with extra virgin olive oil until half done. Flip the chicken to cook the other side.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange the cooked chicken breasts on an oven safe plate then pour the sauce over each piece.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over each chicken (this should be on top of the sauce).
- Top the parmesan cheese with mozzarella cheese and pour the remaining sauce on the plate.
- Place the plate with chicken in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!