Do you plan to serve the chili on super bowl weekend? You’re in luck. I have one of the best Game Day chili recipe just for you.
Chili is a dish composed of ground meat (usually beef), tomatoes, beans, and crushed chili. This dish is cooked slowly for longer periods of time in order to release the flavor of the ingredients and provide a softer texture. This can be enjoyed anytime whether for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The best time to enjoy this dish is during game day while you’re watching your team’s game.
This Best Game day chili recipe can be a whole meal by itself. All I do is top it with a little grated cheddar cheese. You can also add this as a topping to your hot dog sandwich (chili dog), make it as a dip for your Fritos, or eat it with corn bread. It does not matter what you eat your chili with as long as you are enjoying it.
Try this Best Game Day Chili Recipe and let me know what you think.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2½ cups tomato sauce
- 8 ounces diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces can light red kidney beans
- 15 ounces can red kidney beans
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon crushed chili
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat a cooking pot then pour-in olive oil.
- Put-in ground beef and chopped onion and cook for 7 to 10 minutes or until the ground beef turns medium brown.
- Put-in all the seasoning then stir.
- Add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and kidney beans. Stir and cover. Simmer for 1 ½ hours.
- Turn-off heat then transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve with grated cheese or your favorite side.
- Share and enjoy!