Here is a delicious dish that you can serve during lent: Tuna Casserole.This tuna pasta recipe is quick and easy to prepare. All you need to do is mix the ingredients and then bake. Most of the ingredients for this recipe are common.
You can easily find them in your favorite grocery.I like this Tuna Casserole because it is rich and creamy. The flavor of tuna blends well with the other ingredients. I also like the crunch that the french fried onion bring.I’m not sure if you are a fan of french fried onions.
We have also other good casserole recipes aside from tuna. Our chicken casserole recipe is something that you should see.
If you want a crunchy texture without using french fried onions, potato chips is the best alternative and I think that it improved the texture of this of our Tuna Casserole.I am using a conventional oven every time I bake tuna casserole. You can also use turbo broiler (convection oven) as an alternative. I am positive that the result will be great! Enjoy your meal!
Try this Tuna Casserole recipe and let us know what you think.
- 1 pack (12 ounces) gemelli or any short-cut noodles, cooked
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) tuna, drained
- ½ cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 cups fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup french fried onions, crushed
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup green peas, frozen
- 2 cans (11 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine noodles, tuna, green peas, onion, and mushrooms in a large mixing bowl. Mix well
- Sprinkle salt, pour-in condensed cream of mushroom soup, and add 1 cup cheese.
- Toss until all the ingredients are properly distributed.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and top with crushed french fried onions and remaining cheese.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!