This Beef Stew Recipe is comforting. It is simple yet all the flavors work in harmony.Beef Stew is made by simmering beef in liquid until it becomes tender. This process makes the beef tender while releasing all its natural flavor. The liquid can be water, beef stock or broth, or even wine. This recipe makes use of beef broth, which is readily available in any grocery store.
The vegetables in this Beef Stew Recipe does not only contribute to the nutrition of this dish, it also adds flavor and aroma. The carrots, for example, gives a sweet flavor to the dish. The celery ribs, which is also called celery stalks, provides nice flavors and aroma.
I consider this dish as a comfort food. During cold seasons, eating beef stew makes me feel warm and pampered. This can be eaten as is or with steamed rice. You can also have this with bread.
Try this recipe and let me know what you think.
Beef Stew Recipe
- 2 lbs beef, cubed
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery ribs
- 3 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 pieces bay leaves, dried or fresh
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch diluted in 2 tbsp water
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
Watch the cooking video:
- Heat oil in a pot.
- Sear the beef, add onion, garlic, bay leaves, ground cloves, and paprika. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour-in beef broth and let boil. Simmer until beef becomes tender.Note: This can take up to more than 1 hour depending on the meat that you will use. Add water as needed.
- Add celery ribs, carrots, potatoes, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook for 6 to 10 minutes.
- Pour-in diluted cornstarch. Stir and cook for a minute more.
- Turn off heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 6