Meatball with mixed vegetables is a quick dish that I usually do when time is limited. I make meatballs ahead of time and let them sit in the freezer for a couple of days or so until needed. The mixed vegetables, on the other hand, are frozen mixed vegies composed of green peas, corn, chopped long green beans, and carrots. This Easy Meatball with Mixed Vegetables recipe is actually an assembly of ready-to-cook ingredients prepared ahead of time.
It is understandable that not all of us can prepare the meatballs a few days prior to use. In fact, it is even better to use fresh ingredients. So when you are pan frying meatballs, make sure that you apply low to medium heat at first. Do this for a few minutes until the center of the meatball reaches the cooking temperature, before increasing the heat. This will guarantee that the meatballs are evenly cooked inside and out.
You can always throw-in the mixed vegetables once the meatballs are cooked. It is important to thaw the vegetables so that excess liquid are removed. You may add seasonings such as salt and pepper depending on your preference. It is always nice to top this off with KFC gravy.
Try this Easy Meatball with Mixed Vegetables Recipe and let me know what you think.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 7 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons fresh milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb. frozen mixed vegetables (carrots and green peas)
- 1 cup KFC style gravy
- ¼ cup butter
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground beef, egg, milk, bread crumbs, garlic powder, parsley, 1 teaspoon salt, and ground black pepper. Mix well using an electric mixer or your clean hands.
- Shape into 1 to 1½ inch balls. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a wide pan.
- Pan fry the meatballs in low to medium heat until the color of the meatball turns medium brown.
- Put-in the mixed vegetables. Sprinkle remaining salt and then cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until the liquid completely evaporates.
- Pour KFC Gravy over and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!