Grilling over the weekend is a fun activity to do. How about making some Easy Grilled Vegetables? Summer might be over, but it is not that cold yet to go out and grill your favorite foods. If you are reading this post during winter or during a rainy cold weather, that is absolutely fine; you can still grill indoors using a grill pan (over the stove).
It is nice to grill some New York Strip Steak for lunch. It will be more enjoyable if you also do this easy grilled vegetables because it well compliments the steak as a side dish. You can even opt out on mashed potato or homemade fries since the steak and vegetables make a complete meal.
So, how easy is “easy”? Well, let’s just say that preparation and cooking time is less than 20 minutes. All you have to do is grill, baste, and sprinkle salt and pepper. Aside from being a side dish, you can make a vegetable wrap out of this too. All you need are flour tortillas and some lettuce leaves.
Try this Easy Grilled Vegetables Recipe and let me know what you think.
Easy Grilled Vegetables
- 1 bunch asparagus about 15 spears, lower edge trimmed
- 1 piece red onion cut into half
- 1 piece red bell pepper cut into half and seeds removed
- 1 piece yellow bell pepper cut into half and seeds removed
- 15 to 20 pieces medium sized Crimini or white mushrooms cleaned
- 1 piece zucchini sliced thinly lengthwise
- 1 piece yellow squash sliced thinly lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Heat-up your grill. Note: You can use charcoal or gas grill.
- Combine garlic powder and olive oil. Mix well.
- Arrange the vegetable on the grill, and then baste with the olive oil mixture.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper. Grill each side for about 3 to 5 minutes or more if needed.
- If necessary, slice the vegetables into smaller pieces. Arrange everything in a large plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!