Aren’t you glad that cupcakes were invented? These yummy delights make our world a better place. Another good thing is these comes in different varieties and forms, so we have about a thousand possibilities to make cupcakes and enjoy them in any way we desire. Let’s take this Chocolate Cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting as an example: This recipe involves semi-sweet chocolate morsels or chips and unsweetened cocoa as the base ingredient for the cupcake. These ingredients produce nice tasting chocolate cupcakes that have the right amount of sweetness. The Cream Cheese Frosting enhances the flavor making it a bit sweeter and lively.
Making Chocolate Cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting is not that complicated. The only difference of this recipe and other cupcake recipes involving chocolate bars, morsels, and chips is the additional process of melting chocolate using a double boiler. In this case, we improvised by placing a glass bowl over a saucepan with simmering water.
If you have made cupcakes before, following this Chocolate Cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting recipe will be a breeze. If you haven’t got the chance to make cupcakes at all, just follow the recipe step by step to enjoy your own cupcake. There are more cupcakes in the list, see our cupcake recipes for more details.
Try this Chocolate Cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting and let me know what you think.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- ½ cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup sweet butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Make the cream cheese frosting by creaming the butter using an electric mixer. Add the cream cheese and then continue mixing until the texture is smooth. Gradually add the confectioners’ sugar while beating and then pour-in the vanilla extract. Continue whisking until the texture becomes fluffy. Set aside.
- Boil about a cup and a half of water in a saucepan.
- Combine chocolate chips, butter, and cocoa powder in a medium bowl. Place the bowl over the saucepan and then adjust the heat to a simmer.
- Let the ingredients melt while whisking until the texture becomes smooth. Set aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients (baking powder, flour, and baking soda). Mix well using a balloon whisk and then gradually whisk-in the eggs, salt, and white sugar.
- Put-in the chocolate mixture and sour cream and then continue whisking until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange paper cups on cupcake pans and then pour-in the mixture in each paper cups.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test (The toothpick test is done by inserting a toothpick in a single cupcake. When you pull the toothpick and it comes out clean, that means that the cupcakes are ready.)
- Sprinkle some brown sugar on top, and then pipe the cream cheese frosting on top of each cupcake.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!