Dusty Fried Chicken is a real simple and quick Fried Chicken Recipe that you can make anytime of the day. Unlike other Fried Chicken Recipes that require many ingredients, this Dusty Fried Chicken Recipe only make use of minimal ingredients to give the dish a delicious taste.
Why call it Dusty Fried Chicken in the first place? Simple, we dust it with AP flour after the chicken is marinated completely before frying. Doing so will avoid the hot oil from splattering and can help give the chicken its nice crisp texture.
When frying, you can use a cup of oil to pan-fry the chicken or you can add more to the point that you are deep-frying it. I recommend using the minimum amount of oil just for this Fried Chicken recipe because the results will pretty much be the same. Also, you can save more money if you use less cooking oil.
Try this Dusty Fried Chicken Recipe and let me know what you think.
- 1 whole chicken cut into serving pieces
- 1 piece lemon
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup canola oil
- Combine soy sauce, juice of 1 lemon, salt, sugar, and ground black pepper. Mix well.
- Pour-in mixture on the chicken pieces and then make sure that each piece is coated. Marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat the cooking oil in a frying pan.
- Dust each chicken piece with flour and then pan-fry each side for 12 to 15 minutes in low to medium heat.
- Transfer to a plate line with paper towel.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!