This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Pineapple Fried Chicken is our newest addition to our Fried Chicken Recipes. This fried chicken variation is quite tender and has a nice collaboration of flavor from the chicken and marinade.
This Pineapple Fried Chicken recipe is simple. I started out by cutting a whole chicken into serving pieces. Each piece was washed with running water. I make sure to wash poultry products longer to avoid bacteria and contaminants. It is important to drain excess water and dry the chicken with a paper towel or a clean cloth after washing.
The marinade is made-up of crushed pineapple, lemon soda, soy sauce, some seasonings, and spices. I used canned pineapples, but you can always use fresh ones; in fact, fresh is better. Pineapple juice can always be used as a substitute for crushed pineapple. For better tasting pineapple fried chicken, make sure to marinate for at least 6 hours. I usually do it overnight to get the optimum effect.
Do you love fried chicken? You should definitely taste this delicious pineapple fried chicken.
Try this Pineapple Fried Chicken Recipe. Send me your feedback.
- 3 lbs. whole chicken cut into serving pieces
- 1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup lemon soda Sprite or 7-Up
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups cooking oil
- Additional salt and pepper for rubbing
- In a large container, combine crushed pineapple, lemon soda, soy sauce, 3 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. ground black pepper. Stir.
- Add the chicken pieces in the mixture. Marinate overnight. Make sure to place the container in the fridge while marinating.
- Combine the flour and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Separate the chicken from the marinade. Let excess liquid drip.
- Heat the cooking oil in a frying pan.
- Rub some salt and pepper over the chicken pieces and then dip each piece in the egg mixture. Dredge the egg coated chicken in the flour mixture.
- Fry each chicken piece in low to medium heat for about 8 to 12 minutes per side. You can add more time depending on the thickness of the chicken.
- Remove the cooked chicken pieces from the pan. Arrange in a plate lined with paper towels.
- Serve with your favorite dip. Share and enjoy!