Making Turkey Noodle Soup is another way to consume your leftover turkey – even the parts with bones. This is a very simple yet delicious soup recipe that you will surely enjoy anytime of the day especially during a cold day.
I started by boiling the water. The turkey along with the bones are placed in boiling water and simmered for about 30 minutes to extract the flavor. Did you know that the bones holds a huge amount of essence, this is the reason why most soup bases makes use of them in the initial preparation. That is also what we are doing for this recipe.
This turkey soup recipe will require you to get dirty a bit because you’ll need to manually discard the meat from the bone and shred them. Once this step is complete, everything will be a breeze.
Try this Turkey Noodle Soup Recipe and let me know what you think.
Turkey Noodle Soup Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs. leftover roast turkey (with bones intact)
- 2 cups chopped celery hearts
- 2 cups baby carrots, sliced in half
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 lbs. extra broad egg noodles
- 6 to 7 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken powder or 1 chicken cube
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour the water in a large soup stock or cooking pot. Bring to a boil.
- Put-in the turkey (with bones), celery, onion, and carrots. Boil for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Remove the turkey and let it cool down. Discard the meat from the bones and shred the meat.
- Place the shredded turkey meat back to the cooking pot. Add the chicken powder or cube. Allow to re-boil.
- Add-in the wide noodles and then cook for 10 to 2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 6