Pineapple Pork Stir Fry is another delicious stir-fry variation that you will like. The dish involves thin pork slices stir-fried with pineapple chunks, carrots, bell pepper, and broccoli. This is best eaten with fried rice, but plain steamed rice will do.
It is easy to cook Pineapple Pork Stir Fry. All you need to do is heat the cooking oil in a wok and then sauté the ginger, onion, and garlic. I prefer using peanut oil in cooking any stir-fry dish because peanut oil can handle high heat. It is just my preference; you can use canola or vegetable oils though for this recipe.
It is important that you slice the pork thin because Stir frying cooks the meat in a short time using high heat. Thicker cuts of pork can be a little tough and harder to chew. As for the seasonings, I am using oyster sauce, soy sauce, and hoisin sauce. To those who are not familiar with either of these sauces, you can check these are located the Asian Isle of your favorite supermarket. If you like a beef version, I recommend beef stir fry.
Try this Pineapple Pork Stir Fry Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 2 lbs. pork, sliced into thin pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1½ cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 bunch scallions (green onions), chopped
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Separate the juice from the pineapple chunks. Set the chunks aside.
- Combine the pineapple juice, pork, and 1 teaspoon salt. Mix and then marinate for 3 hours.
- Heat oil in a wok
- When the oil becomes hot, add-in the ginger and then cook for 10 seconds.
- Add the garlic and onion. Cook until the onion becomes soft.
- Drain excess liquid from the marinated pork, and then put the pork in the wok. Stir fry for 3 minutes or until the color of the pork becomes light to medium brown.
- Add Hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and oyster sauce. Stir.
- Put-in the pineapple chunk, red bell pepper, scallions, carrots, and broccoli.
- Continue to stir-fry for 5 to 8 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!