Porterhouse steak is a type of steak that is cut from the short loin. There is quite a number of recipes for this cut, but the best is still the simplest. This Easy Porterhouse Steak Recipe is still the way to go.
Preparing Porterhouse Steak using this recipe is simple. All you need are salt, pepper, and olive oil. I usually rub the olive oil all over the steak and then rub salt and pepper afterwards. I give it a few minutes until the meat absorbs the flavor before starting to grill.
When it comes to grilling steak, timing is important. This will decide how you want your steak to be done. For example, grilling each side for about 3 minutes will produce a rare steak. The internal temperature of the meat is about 120 to 130 Fahrenheit. Doing it for about 8 minutes will yield you a medium rare steak (this is my preference). The internal temp is about 130 to 135 degrees Fahrenheit. If you want to be more accurate, try using a meat thermometer instead.
Once the steak is done, I give it about 5 minutes to rest. You will notice the juice come out during this time. Afterwards, the rest is history. Don’t forget to add your favorite steak sauce.
Try this Easy Porterhouse Steak Recipe. Let me know your thoughts.
Easy Porterhouse Steak Recipe
- 2 pieces Porterhouse steak (about 12 to 16 ounces per piece)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Rub the olive oil over the steak slices.
- Combine salt and pepper and then rub all over the steak. Let it stand for 30 minutes.
- Heat-up the grill. Arrange the steaks and grill for 8 minutes per side. Note: going beyond 8 minutes will make your steak less juicy.
- Let the grilled steak rest for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer to individual plates and then serve with mashed potato and your favorite steak sauce.
- Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 3