Using a slow cooker in preparing dishes makes your task easier. It might take a while though, but the result is worth the anticipation. Take this slow cooker beef stew as an example. I was able to make an awesome comfort food in a few easy steps. The cooking time might be long, but the result is worth your time.
Many of us would rather use a pressure cooker to tenderize meat. I think that I am one of those people. We are always on the go that we tend to choose the quicker path. There is nothing wrong with that because we are just trying to cope with the pace of our busy lives, but sometimes we need to stop and smell the roses – like enjoying slow cooked comfort food.
I don’t need to tell you how easy it was to prepare slow cooker beef stew. What I want you to know if how good the result was. The stew is very tender and it is full of flavor. This result can only be achieved by slow cooking the food. I had this with a couple of bread slices and I can’t resist for more. It is as good as the traditional beef stew recipe.
Try this Slow Cooker Beef Stew Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 2 lbs beef sirloin, cubed
- 1¼ cups baby carrots
- 3 tablespoons AP flour
- 3 large potatoes, cubed
- ¼ cup minced celery stalk
- 2 medium yellow onions, minced
- 1½ cups warm water
- 1 pouch (about an oz.) onion soup mix powder
- 3 tablespoons red wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan.
- Sauté the onion and celery until the texture becomes soft. Set aside.
- Dredge the beef in flour. Make sure that all sides are coated.
- Using the remaining cooking oil pan fry the beef cubes until the color turns light brown (about 5 minutes). Set aside.
- Combine the water and onion soup mix. Mix well.
- Combine the pan-fried beef, sautéed onions and celery, potatoes, carrots, red wine, salt, pepper, and water with onion soup mix in a slow cooker. Stir once and slow cook for 5 to 7 hours.
- Serve with biscuits, garlic toast, rice, or French bread.
- Share and enjoy!