Tartar sauce is a rich and creamy sauce. It is usually used for deep fried coated fish and seafood dishes. Did you know that Tartar sauce is made from mayonnaise? It is basically 90% mayonnaise plus other ingredients.
Preparing tartar sauce has never been easier. All you have to do is combine all the ingredients and mix them altogether. You will find this basic tartar sauce recipe easy to follow.
This is one of my favorite dip for coated deep fried fish and seafood: coated fish fillets, calamari, deep-fried mussels to name a few. I also use this as a spread for fish sandwich because it makes the sandwich taste better.
Try this Tartar sauce recipe. Let me know what you think.
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons yellow onion, finely minced
- 2½ teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine mayonnaise and lemon juice in a bowl. Mix well.
- Whisk in the sweet pickle relish and onion.
- Add salt and pepper and then continue whisking until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Cover and then chill in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Serve with your favorite fried fish dishes.
- Share and enjoy!