Saging con Hielo is a simple dessert that I like to have during summertime. It is simply “minatamis na saging” (banana with caramel sauce) topped with shaved ice and milk.
It is quick and easy to make saging con hielo. You will just need to cook the banana in caramel sauce making sure that it gets soft enough to eat, then let it cool down and top with shaved ice and milk. This recipe is good for beginners too since there are no complicated steps involved.
Try this Saging con Hielo Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 4 to 6 pieces ripe saba banana, peeled
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1½ cups water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla essence
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups shaved ice
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- Pour-in the water in a cooking pot. Let boil.
- Put-in the brown sugar. Stir.
- Add the vanilla extract (or essence) and salt. Stir once more. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the saba banana. Cover the cooking pot. Adjust the heat to low and cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Let the liquid reduce to half. Turn-off the heat and allow the banana to cool.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Top with shaved ice and pour evaporated milk.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!