Ginataang Salmon or Salmon Cooked in Coconut Cream (or coconut milk) is a simple Filipino fish recipe. You can use this as a guide to make your meal more enjoyable. This dish is very easy and quick to prepare; in fact, your Ginataang Salmon will be ready in less than 30 minutes. We have shown you some fish recipes before that makes use of coconut milk. This is different because it does not entail complex procedures and this is the first fish with coconut milk recipe we featured that requires the use of vinegar. If you love paksiw na isda and ginataang tilapia, wait till you try this dish. As I’ve mentioned, this is an easy recipe. If you are a beginner in cooking, this recipe is fit for you. The procedure can be found in the recipe below, but let me give more details for the sake of the beginners. I started out by placing the salmon steak flat on the cooking pan. Take note that I have not turned on the fire yet — the pan is not yet hot at this point.I then placed all the ingredients in the pan, except for the coconut cream and vinegar. I then turned the heat on to medium and let the water boil. As I am seeing those tiny bubbles emerge, I poured-in the vinegar and continue to cook for a couple of minutes. I then added the coconut cream (you can also use coconut milk as a substitute) and waited for the mixture to boil. As the mixture is boiling, I adjusted the heat to low so that I can simmer the fish. I gently stirred the mixture and let the fish simmer until the liquid slowly evaporates and reduces to half. Simple, isn’t it? Please place your questions and feedback on the comments section below.
Try this Ginataang Salmon Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Ginataang Salmon Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs. salmon (steak cut)
- 2 cups coconut cream (kakang gata)
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 3 pieces long green chili
- 3 pieces red Thai chili
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup cane vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- Arrange the salmon slices flat in a pan.
- Put-in the red and green chillies, garlic, ginger, onion, ground black pepper, fish sauce and water.
- Turn-on the heat and let boil.
- Pour-in the vinegar. Let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut cream. Gently stir. cover and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the liquid reduces to half.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 3
Hoisin Glazed Salmon is a type of baked salmon dish that was marinated in a mixture of hoisin sauce, Sriracha sauce, and other seasonings. This salmon recipe is sweet and a bit spicy at the same time. It is ideal for dinner and is best eaten with salad, rice, or couscous.
I enjoy eating Hoising glazed salmon because the flavor is just about right. I love spicy food, but this recipe somewhat milder so that even people with low tolerance on spicy dishes can enjoy it. We can always add more Sriracha sauce if we like it hot.
It is ideal to use salmon filet for this recipe. Make sure to remove the skin from the filet. Aside from salmon, you can also use other types of fish filets like tuna or cream dory perhaps.
Try this Hoisin Glazed Salmon recipe. Let me know what you think.
Hoisin Glazed Salmon recipe
- 4 (6 oz) slices salmon fillet
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Combine Hosin sauce, lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic powder, Sriracha sauce, ginger, and EV olive oil in a bowl. Stir until the mixture is well incorporated.
- Arrange the salmon fillets inside a resealable freezer bag. Pour-in the mixture inside the bag. Make sure that the mixture coats the salmon.
- Place the bag in a flat surface then gently push the air out of the bag and seal it. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a baking tray by spraying or spreading a small amount of cooking oil. Arrange the marinated salmon on the tray.Scoop the remaining marinade and pour it nover each salmon fillet.
- Bake for about 28 to 32 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Let the temperature cool down.
- Arrange in a serving plate along with your favorite salad side dish.
- Serve. share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 4
Teriyaki Salmon is a healthy and easy salmon recipe that makes use of our quick and easy Teriyaki sauce recipe. All you will need to do is marinate the salmon fillet with the Teriyaki sauce and brush some Teriyaki glaze over the fish before baking. You can also use the grill to cook this dish.
Aside from being quick and easy, I like Teriyaki salmon because it has this delectable taste that makes my taste buds happy. Of course, salmon is also healthy because it is rich in Omega 3 fatty acids which is said to be good for our heart.
In order to maximize the health benefits of Teriyaki salmon, I served this over brown rice. Most of you have not tried brown rice. To those who did, some prefer white rice over it because the texture of brown rice might not be pleasing. Don’t worry, the taste of this dish compliments well with brown rice. I’m sure that you will like the combination like I did.
Try this Teriyaki Salmon recipe. Let me know what you think.
Teriyaki Salmon Recipe
- 2 (5 oz.) salmon fillet
- 1 1/4 cup Teriyaki sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon cold water
- Place the salmon fillet in a freezer bag and then pour-in 3/4 cup of teriyaki sauce. Seal the freezer bag and let the salmon marinate for 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare the teriyaki glaze by heating the remaining Teriyaki sauce in a sauce pan and adding-in the cornstarch diluted in water. Stir and cook until the texture becomes thicker. Turn off the heat and let cool. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange the marinated salmon in a greased baking pan. Brush the top with the teriyaki glaze.
- Bake the salmon for 15 to 17 minutes.
- Brush the remaining glaze on top. Arrange each salmon fillet over brown rice.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 2
Salmon Steak is a good dish to have for either lunch or dinner. Besides having a good tastes and having the ability be easily paired with other dishes, salmon have positive effects on our health.
I’m sure that you’ve heard that salmon steak or salmon, in general, is rich in omega 3 fatty acids. This fatty acid helps our brain to function properly and reduces our risk of having heart disease.
Salmon also contains protein and amino acids. Bioactive peptides, a protein molecule found in salmon, can manage inflammation and sustain joints. It also helps protect the digestive tract.
This recipe requires grilling. Salmon Steak is placed on top of the grill, a grill pan, or a griddle until both sides are just about right – cooked in the outside but still juicy inside. If you do not prefer to grill the fish, try searing both sides of the salmon, or baking it instead.
As for the side dish, I paired it with this healthy garlic sesame spinach. These dishes both compliment each other in terms of taste and positive health benefits.
Try this Salmon Steak Recipe and let me know what you think.
Salmon Steak Recipe
- 4 (6 ounces) salmon steaks
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Combine olive oil and lemon juice. Stir.
- Arrange salmon in a wide plate then pour-in olive oil and lemon juice mixture. Marinate each side for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine garlic powder, salt, and ground black pepper in a small bowl. Mix.
- Sprinkle the garlic powder mixture equally on the salmon.
- Heat a grill, and then grill each side of the salmon for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve with garlic sesame spinach.
- Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 4