Creamy Garlic Salmon with Tomato and Spinach is a simple dish that you can cook at home any day. It does not require extensive preparation. Every home cook can make it without any hassle.
It is rich, creamy, tasty, and delicious. I love to have it for dinner with some fresh greens on the side.
There is a good Filipino fish dish that comes into mind at first glance because of some visual similarities. I am referring to ginataang salmon. It is as good and perfect when eaten with rice.
How to Cook Creamy Garlic Salmon
Cooking this dish is quick and easy. There are two major steps involved. The first step is to prepare the salmon fillet by pan-frying. The next is to cook everything together in creamy garlic sauce.
Start by rubbing salt all over the salmon fillet. This helps give some flavor to the fish. Wait for at least 10 minutes before cooking the fish. This is enough time for the meat to absorb the salt.
Begin the process by heating oil in a pan. Feel free to use more oil than the recipe below suggests if necessary. Fry the salmon in medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until it starts to brown. Do not fry it until it turns crispy. It is perfect when the inside is soft and moist. Remove the salmon from the pan and place in a clean plate. Set it aside.
Now start to make the creamy garlic sauce by melting butter on a pan. Saute onion and garlic until the onion softens and the garlic starts to brown. Pour white wine. Use either Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, or Sauvignon Blanc. Let the liquid boil before adding tomato.
I am using cherry tomato in this recipe. Grape tomato or chopped sun-dried tomato works too. Cover the cooking pot while reducing the wine to half. The wine gives the dish that nice sweet taste. The alcohol evaporates in the process, no need to worry.
Pour heavy whipping cream and then add Parmesan cheese. All-purpose cream and Romano cheese are good alternatives. Cook the sauce in low heat for around 2 minutes before adding the fried salmon.
The salmon needs to cook for 3 minutes or so. This helps makes it moist and it also helps to provide more flavor to the creamy sauce. Season with ground black pepper and salt as needed.
I usually add the spinach last and cook it using residual heat. Serve this over pasta or even rice.
Try this Creamy Garlic Salmon Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Creamy Garlic Salmon
- Rub salt on the salmon filet. Let it stay for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil. Pan-fry the salmon for 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove from the pan. Set aside.
- Melt butter on a clean pan. Saute onion and garlic.
- Pour white wine once the onion softens. Let boil.
- Add cherry tomato. Cover and cook until the wine reduces to half.
- Pour heavy whipping cream and add Parmesan cheese. Stir. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Put the fried salmon in the pan. Cook for 3 minutes using low heat.
- Season with ground black pepper and salt (if needed).
- Add Spinach. Turn off heat. Let the residual heat cook the spinach.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve. Share and enjoy!
Watch How to Cook Creamy Garlic Salmon