Thinking of a quick and easy Pork Chop Recipe for dinner? How about Grilled Pork Chop with Mango Salsa? This is a simple delicious recipe that does not require much effort.
Grilled Pork Chop might be enough, but it will be better if we add something to compliment it. This will make your meal more appetizing, and your dinner (or lunch) enjoyable. Since summer is the season for Philippine Mango, let’s us use this ingredient for our Mango salsa.
I used thick sliced pork chops for this recipe. This gives me a nice cooked meat that is juicy in the inside. When dealing with thickly sliced meats, make sure to cook it in low to medium heat in the first few minutes so that the outer part does not get cooked right away. Through this technique, the inner part gets the right amount of heat to fully cook it while maintaining all the juice inside.
Try this Grilled Pork Chop with Mango Salsa Recipe and let me know what you think.
Grilled Pork Chop with Mango Salsa
Grilled pork chop with a delicious sweet salsa. Pair it with rice or grilled vegetables.
- 3 pieces pork chop about 6 to 8 ounces each
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
Mango Salsa Recipe
- 3/4 cup mango ripe, cubed
- 1 piece red onion minced
- 1 piece red bell pepper chopped
- ½ cup jicama singkamas, cubed
- 1 piece jalapeno pepper chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Make the mango salsa by combining all the salsa ingredients in a medium bowl. Gently mix and then refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, make the pork chop rub by combining the garlic powder, salt, and ground black pepper. Mix well.
- Apply the rub on the pork chop slices. Let it stand for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Grill each side of the pork in medium heat for about 6 to 8 minutes or until fully cooked in the outside. Makes sure not to over grill so that it won’t get dry.
- Arrange in a serving plate with some Mango Salsa on the side.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!