This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Cheese fries make a perfect snack or side dish. This is also a good way to give life to your homemade fries. I have a good news for you. Did you know that preparing cheese fries is simple and easy?
If you like to make one for yourself, you can start with ingredients that are ready to consume. For example, I am using frozen uncooked fries and bacon bits for this recipe. This means that we can save time and and effort in preparing the ingredients that I mentioned.
The cheese sauce, on the other hand, was prepared from scratch. However, you can do I the easy way by purchasing packaged cheese sauce from the supermarket. It does not matter how you came-up with the ingredients; whether you did each from scratch or bought them prepared, the important thing is that you are enjoying what you assembled. Just so you know, I enjoyed eating the cheese fries that I made – although I had to watch my intake because this is not the healthiest food in the menu. It is not bad to have this once in awhile though.
Try this cheese fries recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1 lb. frozen French fries
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons AP flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 370 degrees Fahrenheit
- Arrange an aluminum foil on top of a baking tray. Spray with cooking oil.
- Arrange the frozen fries evenly on top of the foil. Bake the fries for about 30 minutes or until the outer part becomes crisp. Arrange in a plate. Set aside.
- Make the cheese sauce by melting butter in a sauce pan.
- Put-in the flour. Stir and cook until the color turns light brown.
- Pour-in milk. Stir and let boil.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and shredded cheese. Stir and then cook until the cheese melts and the texture becomes smooth.
- Pour the cheese sauce on top of the baked fries. Sprinkle some bacon bits and green onions on top.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!