Oven Baked French Fries
Oven baked French Fries is a recipe for French fries that makes use of a conventional oven. This version is good because the final product has lesser fat and cholesterol compared to deep-fried fries because lesser oil was used — I also wanted to add that we used a healthy type of oil called olive…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Oven baked French Fries is a recipe for French fries that makes use of a conventional oven. This version is good because the final product has lesser fat and cholesterol compared to deep-fried fries because lesser oil was used — I also wanted to add that we used a healthy type of oil called olive oil.
Preparing oven baked French Fries is easier than you think. It is less complicated and safer to do as well. Don’t get me wrong though because even if our fries is healthier than the regular ones, you should still eat in moderation because this is high in carbohydrates. This means that you can gain weight if you do not burn enough calories. Make sure that you balance eating with physical activities so that you are enjoying your food while taking care of your body.
Take note that I used baking potatoes for this Oven baked French Fries recipe.There are many kinds of potatoes in the supermarket, make sure that you pick the right one since this is the best type for this recipe as far as I am concerned.
Try this Oven baked French Fries recipe. Let me know what you think.
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
Oven Baked French Fries
- 3 large baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- Peel the potatoes and then cut lengthwise according to your preference. You can do the regular fries cut or the steak fries cut.
- Wash the potatoes and then pat dry using a paper towel.
- Place the potatoes on a mixing bowl, pour-in olive oil and then sprinkle the salt. Shake so that the salt and oil coats each potato slices.
- Preheat oven to 430 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, place an aluminum foil over a baking pan. Grease the foil with oil.
- Arrange the cut fries over the aluminum foil and then bake for 15 to 18 minutes.*Note: Check on the fries after 12 minutes to ensure that they were not burnt since not all ovens are the same.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven and then flip each fries in a way that the bottom part is now on top. Continue to bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the fries from the oven. Let the temperature cool down.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve a side dish with your favorite dishes.
- Share and enjoy!
Leave a Comment