This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Chickpea Salad is a delicious dish that I always enjoy during lunchtime. It can be considered as a meal by itself because it is satisfying and contains the nutrients that our body needs on a daily basis. For example, chickepea are high in fiber, folate, protein, and iron.
The preparation for chickpea salad is simple and easy. There is no cooking involved– all you have to do is mix all the ingredients. The key to make a successful dish is to follow the exact recipe. Also, make sure that the salad is served cold. You will need to put this in the fridge for at least 3 hours before serving.
Want to know more about chickpea or garbanzos? This article about chickpea can help.
Try this Chickpea Salad Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 2 cans 15 oz each garbanzos (chickpeas), drained
- 6 to 8 fresh basil leaves chopped
- 3 to 4 medium red tomatoes chopped into small cubes
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine chickpeas, tomato, basil, parsley, lemon juice, and onion in a bowl. Toss gently until the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by combining the extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Whisk well for 30 seconds.
- Pour the dressing over the chickpeas and other ingredients. Gently toss one more time. cover the bowl with a cling wrap. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Serve for lunch. Share and enjoy!