Classic Beef Morcon Recipe
Classic Beef Morcon is a special dish served during the holidays. This is composed of beef frank, dill pickle, carrot, and boiled egg slices rolled in a thinly sliced steak. It is rolled in a way similar to a pinwheel, except that the stuffing is arranged in the center of the roll. Eye of round…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Classic Beef Morcon is a special dish served during the holidays. This is composed of beef frank, dill pickle, carrot, and boiled egg slices rolled in a thinly sliced steak. It is rolled in a way similar to a pinwheel, except that the stuffing is arranged in the center of the roll.
Eye of round or top sirloin are the best cuts of beef that can be used for this recipe. I refer to this as “steak” in the recipe procedure below.
I used diced tomato in can and tomato sauce for this dish. I think that it went well. It was delicious as our previous morcon recipe, only that this has more sauce, which is awesome.
Classic Beef Morcon can be enjoyed with rice. Thinner slices can also be served as hors d’oeuvre.
Try this Classic Beef Morcon Recipe. Happy Cooking!
Watch the Video on How to Cook Classic Beef Morcon
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
Classic Beef Morcon Recipe
- 2 lbs. eye of round or top sirloin steak thinly sliced
- 2 pieces beef franks cut in half
- 4 boiled eggs wedged
- 1 medium carrot cut into sticks
- 1 can 14 oz. diced tomato
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 Knorr Beef Cube
- 1 dill pickle cut into sticks
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic crushed and minced
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 8 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 to 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Flatten the steak by pounding with a meat tenderizer tool.
- Combine steak and the steak marinade ingredients. Mix well. Make sure that the steak (beef) is coated all over. Let it stay for at least 10 minutes.
- Slice the steak into 6 x 5 inch pieces. Put a slice of beef frank, pickle, carrot, and wedged boiled egg in one side of the steak. Roll the steak until a cylindrical shape is formed. Secure by tying a kitchen twine. This will be your beef morcon. Set aside. Perform this step until all the steak is consumed.
- Heat 5 tablespoons of oil in a pan. Dredge the rolled beef morcon in all-purpose flour. Pan-fry all the sides for 1 minute or until it turns light to medium brown. Set aside.
- On a clean pan, heat the remaining 3 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Sauté garlic and onion
- Add the diced tomato and tomato sauce.
- Pour-in water and add Knorr Beef Cube. Stir. Let boil.
- Put the pan-fried morcon in the pan. Cover and then simmer for 50 to 60 minutes. Add water if the sauce starts to dry out.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper. Stir.
- Turn the heat off. Let the beef morcon cool down. Slice into serving pieces.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Top with remaining sauce.
- Share and enjoy!
Leave a Comment