I enjoyed having this Dutch Oven Pork Stew for dinner. It is delicious and the meat is very tender. Another good thing about this stew dish is that I do not need to keep an eye on it while cooking. I had extra time doing household chores while waiting for my dinner to be ready.
I made use of pork belly for this recipe. You can also use pork shoulder or other parts with fat. The fat helps keep the pork moist and flavorful. You do not need to eat the fat, but if you try then you’ll be surprised how the fat literally melts in your mouth. I had this with rice and it was a blast.
It was really easy to cook Dutch Oven Pork Stew. I simply used the stovetop for the first few minutes to saute the onion and garlic, and to partially cook the pork. Once done, I place the remaining ingredients in the Dutch oven and put it in the conventional oven to cook. That’s it. I just noticed that the color of my Dutch oven and the inside of my conventional oven were the same. I thought that it was neat.
Try this Dutch Oven Pork Stew Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Dutch Oven Pork Stew Recipe
- 2 lbs. pork belly sliced
- 1 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 5 pieces sweet pepper sliced in half and seeds removed
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 medium onion minced
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven (conventional oven) to 350F.
- Heat a Dutch oven in a stovetop.
- Pour-in the cooking oil.
- Once the oil gets hot, saute the onion and garlic.
- Add the pork belly slices. Cook until the pork turns light brown. Turn-off the fire or heat from the stovetop.
- Pour the tomato sauce and beef broth in the Dutch oven. Add the peppers and peas. Cover and place inside the conventional oven. Let it stay inside the oven for 2 hours at 350F.
- Remove from the oven, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!