Fiesta Menudo is a special version of pork menudo that is worthy to be in the dining table during holidays and special occasions. This festive dish is appetizing and looks really nice and colorful. This is the exact recipe that I follow when I need to cook menudo for a special event. I called this…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Fiesta Menudo is a special version of pork menudo that is worthy to be in the dining table during holidays and special occasions. This festive dish is appetizing and looks really nice and colorful. This is the exact recipe that I follow when I need to cook menudo for a special event.
I called this dish fiesta menudo because the different colorful ingredients resemble a fiesta or a festive event. All these components work together in harmony to produce a single dish that is pleasing to the taste and sight. This dish is like a work of art which I can eat any day.
This fiesta menudo recipe makes use of pork, hotdog, and liver. The liver was stir fried with onion initially to get rid of the gamey smell and taste. It was added back towards the end to prevent it from getting overcooked. Potato and carrots were also part of this dish, along with some raisins. This dish can even be more festive if you add green peas and bell peppers.
I love this menudo version because it is simply delicious. It looks and tastes good. It is also easy to cook.
Try this Fiesta Menudo Recipe. Enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Cook Fiesta Menudo
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
- 1 lb. pork sliced into small pieces
- ¼ lb. pork liver diced
- 4 pieces hotdogs sliced crosswise
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 Knorr pork cube
- 1 medium carrot cubed
- 1 medium potato cubed
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 ½ cups water
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in a pot.
- Once the oil gets hot, sauté half of the onion until it gets soft. Add the liver. Continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- On the same pot, heat the remaining oil. Sauté the onion and garlic; add the sliced pork. Continue to cook in medium heat while stirring for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the hotdogs. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour the tomato sauce in the pot. Stir. Add water. Let boil.
- Put the raisins and beef cube in the pot. Stir. Cover and cook in low heat for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Add the sautéed liver. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrot and potato. Stir, cover, and cook for 10 to 12 minutes in medium heat.
- Add sugar and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Leave a Comment