This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Tired of having the usual Chicken Salad? It’s time to give your old recipe a twist by trying this Tarragon Chicken Salad recipe.
Compared to ordinary Chicken Salad, this salad recipe uses fruits such as apples and grapes. These fruits provide sweetness to the salad and are also good sources of vitamins. If you are trying to lose some weight, mayonnaise and sour cream might be the last ingredients that you are expecting. Don’t worry, using reduced-fat sour cream and mayonnaise will do the trick. You can enjoy a delicious fancy Chicken Salad while staying at par with you weight loss goals.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1 1/2 cups celery diced
- 1 1/2 cups granny smith apple diced
- 1 1/2 cups red seedless grapes quartered
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup walnuts chopped and toasted
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange the chicken in a baking dish and pour-in chicken stock.
- Bake the chicken for about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and remove the chicken. Let cool.
- Drain excess liquid then cut the chicken into cubes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, tarragon, salt, and ground black pepper. Mix well.
- Add in celery, apple, grapes, walnuts, and chicken then stir to distribute the ingredients.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Transfer to a salad plate the serve.
- Share and enjoy!