Getting tired of your regular lunch meal? How about trying something healthy yet filling? Grilled Chicken Salad is conceivably the best lunch meal that I had this week. Unlike other salad recipes that leaves me hungry after a few hours; this healthy salad recipe made me enjoy lunch while staying focus and satisfied almost until dinner time.
Hey, I know that I mentioned several times that I am a certified carnivore. I still am; however, sometimes there are occasions wherein I need to try a much healthier alternative (that also tastes good, coincidentally).
I am not forcing anyone to eat some grass; I’m simply saying that we should give our body some time to recuperate by eating healthy foods. Of course, Lechon Kawali and Bulalo are two of the all-time best Filipino food (in my opinion). I enjoy eating them and I won’t stop serving them in our dining table. But, what about skipping fatty foods for at least a day or two per week? I’m sure that you will feel better after doing that.
Love your body. Try this Grilled Chicken Salad recipe.
Grilled Chicken Salad
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cups mixed greens
- 3/4 cup carrots julienned
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Make the dressing by combining olive oil, white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, and salt in a mixing bowl. Stir well.
- Pour half of the mixture on the chicken breasts and ensure that all sides of the chicken are coated. Marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Toss mixed greens, carrots, and grape tomatoes on the remaining dressing then arrange in a serving plate. Set aside.
- Grill the chicken for about 5 to 8 minutes per side.
- Remove from the grill and slice the chicken breasts lengthwise.
- Arrange the chicken slices on top of the salad.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Cook Grilled Chicken Salad