This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Chicken Macaroni Salad is a simple salad made from macaroni (usually elbow macaroni) and boiled chicken. This Recipe for Chicken Macaroni Salad is prepared with a generous amount of mayonnaise.
Preparing Chicken Macaroni Salad is very easy. There is no major cooking involved: just boiling chicken and pasta. Once the chicken has been shredded and elbow macaroni is ready, all you will need to do is combine all the ingredients and toss. Easy isn’t it?
Chicken Macaroni Salad is a regular side dish during picnics and family outings, macaroni salad is best if combined with grilled foods and barbeque. I find it best eaten with BBQ Baby back ribs.
How to Make Chicken Macaroni Salad
This recipe for chicken macaroni salad requires boiled boneless chicken breasts. Prepare the chicken breasts by boiling 4 cups of water. Add salt and put in the chicken breasts. Boil the chicken in medium heat for 15 minutes. Remove the chicken from the water and let it cool down before slicing. You can also shred the chicken using your hands.
The elbow macaroni should be cooked according to the instruction indicated in the package. Once the macaroni is ready, let the water drip and arrange it in a mixing bowl. The next steps is to gently mix-in all the other ingredients making sure that everything is well blended. It is best to serve this cold. Place it inside the fridge covered and chill for 1 to 3 hours.
Try this Recipe for Chicken Macaroni Salad. Let me know what you think. Happy cooking!
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni cooked
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast boiled and cubed
- 1 ½ cup pineapple chunks
- 1 cup Spanish onion
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 2 cups mayonnaise can be 1 cup mayo and 1 cup miracle whip
- 1 ½ cup Cheddar cheese cubed
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Cook the macaroni as directed in the package
- Place the macaroni in a large container
- Add the mayonnaise (and /or miracle whip) and mix well
- Put-in the minced onions and mix well
- Place the cheddar cheese in and mix again
- Now, add the chicken and distribute evenly
- Put-in the pineapple chunks, boiled eggs, and raisins and mix well
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Chill inside the refrigerator for about an hour
- Serve chilled. Share and enjoy!